Kopinor was established on 30 April 1980. Today Kopinor has 22 member organisations - 5 publishers' associations and 17 authors' associations.
Kopinor is empowered by its member organisations to negotiate and conclude collective agreements on copying and digital use of copyright protected works in all areas of society. By law or through bilateral agreements with Reproduction Rights Organisations in other countries, Kopinor also represents foreign rightsholders.
Kopinor is a member of IFRRO, International Federation of Reprographic Rights Organisations.
Key figures 2018
- Total income: NOK 374,1 mill.
- Operating expenses: NOK 44,4 mill. (11,9 %)
- Collective remuneration paid to
- member organisations: NOK 225,9 mill.
- Sámikopiija: NOK 2,1 mill.
- foreign rightsholders: NOK 54,5 mill.
- Individual remuneration: NOK 16,0 mill.
- Number of employees: 23