Kopinor was established on 30 April 1980. Today Kopinor has 23 member organisations - 5 publishers' associations and 18 authors' associations.
Kopinor is empowered by its member organisations to negotiate and conclude collective agreements on copying and digital use of copyright protected works in all areas of society. By law or through bilateral agreements with Reproduction Rights Organisations in other countries, Kopinor also represents foreign rightsholders.
Kopinor is a member of IFRRO, International Federation of Reprographic Rights Organisations.
Key figures 2020
- Total income: NOK 394,0 mill.
- Operating expenses: NOK 45,9 mill. (11,6 %)
- Collective remuneration paid to
- Norwegian rightsholders: NOK 251,5 mill.
- Sámikopiija: NOK 2,3 mill.
- foreign rightsholders: NOK 63,4 mill.
- Individual remuneration: NOK 35,9 mill.
- Number of employees: 25