Kopinor was established on 30 April 1980. Today Kopinor has 22 member organisations - 5 publishers' associations and 17 authors' associations.
Kopinor is empowered by its member organisations to negotiate and conclude collective agreements on copying and digital use of copyright protected works in all areas of society. By law or through bilateral agreements with Reproduction Rights Organisations in other countries, Kopinor also represents foreign rightsholders.
Kopinor is a member of IFRRO, International Federation of Reprographic Rights Organisations.
Key figures 2016
- Total income: NOK 330,1 mill.
- Operating expenses: NOK 31,8 mill. (9,6 %)
- Collective remuneration paid to
- member organisations: NOK 197,3 mill.
- Sámikopiija: NOK 1,9 mill.
- foreign rightsholders: NOK 53,5 mill.
- Individual remuneration: NOK 13,7 mill.
- Number of employees: 23